Assessments of Personality Type and Leadership Style
New Hire Assessment
The assessment of an individual prior to placing them in a new position of responsibility is strategic in making good choices. Know who you are getting.
STM provides assessments for these candidates with a focus on their suitability for the required work and how they will fit in that specific workplace.
Skills and knowledge is learned, but temperament and personality style needs to be understood and accepted prior to the placement. The STM assessment will give clarity to that decision.
Components of Assessment:
• A suite of personality profile instruments
• Job Perception Inventory – candidate’s perception of job requirement
• An in-depth behavioral interview related to job requirements
• Analysis of the gathered data
• A report to include strengths, weaknesses, predicted patterns of behavior and recommendations
Church Planter Assessments
An assessment center is a multiple days experience to determine an individual’s fit in the planting of a new church. The specific assessment centers vary, taking into account the unique needs of each group.
STM provides personality testing, skilled interviews, and process facilitation for church planter assessment centers throughout the United States and Canada. From over 30 years of experience with a variety of denominations, church movements and differing cultures, best practices have been developed flexible to adapt to the uniqueness of each group.
Assessing prospective church planters is very specialized leading to a final recommendation from a panel of professionals including experienced church planters.
The following are some of the key areas considered:
• Relationship with God
• Emotional health / self image
• Marital and Family relationships
• Vision / Philosophy of Ministry
• Entrepreneurial skills and experience
• Knowledge of church planting
• Ability to gather and motivate others
A typical assessment center includes:
• Demonstration of candidate’s preaching
• Presentation of a model of ministry from the candidate
• Interactive group activities to observe social and leadership skills
• Personality style instruments
• Ministry focused interviews with the assessors
• Exit conference with a final disposition
STM professionals provide:
• A personality testing report presentation to the candidate and assessors
• In-depth interview on the candidate’s emotional health, marital adjustment, family of origin, and other related items
• Professional advice leading to the final recommendation
• The disposition report is drafted and prepared for delivery